I am off the sauce (coffee – more later on that). Yes, it is official. I have made the switch, almost subconsciously to craving kombucha in the morning and mid afternoon instead of coffee. Can you believe it?? It wasn’t intentional, and I surely didn’t mean for it to happen…it just sort of, happened. Especially since the first bottle was really hard to put down. It was actually kind of gross. But the results were so amazing for me that I actually crave the taste now. Crazy, indeed. Now actually, I don’t mind the taste, and opt for GT’s Lavender flavor as my go-to. Kombucha for Optimal Wellness.
“To combine the wisdom of ancient medicinal foods with the resources of the modern day to create products that uplift and enlighten the health of all those who enjoy them.”-GT Dave
Pronounced ‘kom-BOO-cha‘, kombucha tea is actually a blend of live cultures (similar to yogurt) and naturally sweetened green or black tea. The final result tastes similar to that of a wine spritzer…slightly carbonated, fizzy and light. Depending on the batch, you may even get a slight buzz from the alcohol that might be a result of the fermentation process. Also present: active enzymes, viable probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols. Kombucha for Optimal Wellness will help in getting your gut health back on track, if it’s off track, or balance what needs to be balanced. There are tons of studies about the importance of digestive and gut health – here is a link that explains more in detail.
Here is a quicklist of things on my mind regarding kombucha:
– It’s best to start off drinking slowly, like maybe 2 oz at a time.
– Try the flavored Synergy Kombucha drinks available at health food stores first, the flavoring might help.
– Don’t be afraid of the blobs.
– Don’t try the Synergy Green formula. It is so gross, it should be illegal.
– Remember, there are 2 servings per bottle that are available on the shelves. I spread mine out over 3 days. That is 1 bottle, over 3 days. Serve in a reasonable sized glass to not fall victim to over-indulgence calorie wise.
Happy Day, people!!!